Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as nose job, is a plastic surgery that can be done either to improve aesthetic appearance of the nose, or restore nose functions, in which case it is a surgery that improves quality of life for many patients. For aesthetic reasons, rhinoplasty can be done to change the form, shape, angle or overall aesthetic appearance of a nose.
Most common types of rhinoplasty surgery are removing a nose bump, narrow nostril width, correct various injuries or defects that affect breathing.
Rhinoplasty surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia.
At Surgery Experts, plastic surgeons have 20+ years of experience of operating daily, and perform nose surgery on a regular basis.
There are no waiting times for rhinoplasty surgery at Surgery Experts - most of the time, we will be able to accommodate you within 1 week after enquiry. It is recommended to stay in the hospital for 1 day after the surgery.
At the time of consultation, the operating surgeon evaluates the anatomic condition of the patient’s nose and the general condition of the adjacent tissues to determine the method and specifics of the surgery.
It is very important to have clear, realistic expectations about what the surgery can achieve, and discuss this with the operating surgeon prior to the surgery.
Rhinoplasty surgery usually takes about 2 hours, can be more or less depending on the specifics and complexity of the surgery and the condition of a patient. Depending on the complexity of the surgery, it may be recommended to spend up to 3 days in the hospital after the surgery.
During rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes incisions inside the nose so they are not visible after the surgery. The incisions are made to access the bones and cartilage that support the nose.
Depending on the desired shape of the nose, some bone and cartilage may be removed or tissue added, if needed. A splint is placed outside of the nose to support the new shape as the nose heals.
If the surgery is done under local anesthesia, you should be prepared to hear the surgeon work on your nose bone and cartilage of your nose.
- Your face, especially the area around the eyes and nose, will be swollen and bruise for a few days after the surgery. Most of the swelling and bruising is gone after 10-14 days after the surgery.
- Cold compresses would reduce swelling and bruising.
- Pain medicine might be necessary for a few days.
- It is recommended to keep your head elevated for the first few days after the surgery.
- Splint and bandages are usually removed 1 week after the surgery.
- Strenuous activities are not recommended for several weeks.
Potential risks of rhinoplasty, although rare, include: bleeding, skin tissue problems, nasal blockage caused by swelling inside the nose after the surgery.
Rhinoplasty surgery price at Surgery Experts. Please send us a message with your enquiry so we could provide a quote.
Our prices are all-inclusive and there are no hidden fees. Here’s what’s included in the price:
- Pre-operative tests (blood, x-ray)
- Surgeon consultation prior to the surgery
- Surgeon visits and consultations after the surgery
- Full medical care in the hospital
- Hospital stay with 5 daily meals
- All needed medications while in the hospital
- Medical Manager to assist at all times
- Help with organizing the trip
Have questions? Call us at +370 6128 4670, or email at email@example.com